Saturday, August 27, 2005

Locked Within My Own Cell

Today (well, technically yesterday) I did something I thought I would never do. I have renounced my principles and convictions. Willingly, and of my own volition, I went out and bought a cell phone.

I'm still somewhat in shock that I did this. I have spent the past several year evangelizing the lack of necessity for one. It seemed like a waste of money for something I didn't need. But when everyone in the free world has one (and even several in the not-so-free parts of the world), it gets harder. Maybe it's because I actually have something resembling a social life now, but more likely I simply caved.

Next thing you know I'll be driving a Ford Excursion, joining the NRA, and voting Republican. I mean, I don't think those things are likely to ever happen either.

I am a weak, weak person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home