Sunday, February 05, 2006

More Pictures...from Wollongong (and surrounding area)

Here are some more pictures from my time in Wollongong. There are a whole lot more, but I don't want to bore you too much with my entire trip. Here's some of the highlights. This post does not include my pictures from Melbourne or Tassie, but posting these is pretty time intensive (it take s a long time for the upload), so they will have to wait for a later post. I'll try to do it soon rather tha waiting a month like I did for this one. Consider this a companion to my previous picture post. Enjoy!

Chris and I went for a walk in the Minnamurra rainforest which isn't too far outside Wollongong. I had no idea there was a rainforest so close.























On Friday night Jeffy came over and we went out to Toss at the North Gong, the closest hotel (read: bar) to I-House. At Toss you order two drinks and then they toss two coins. 2 heads, you pay full price, head and tail, you pay half price, 2 tails your drinks are free. I had the nasty luck of paying full price for both my rounds.





















And then having had a sufficient amount of beer and a sober Clare with a car, we went down to Kiama for dinner, which is a little ways south of Wollongong. It is also a very pretty town.





















Christmas lights in the middle of summer...













We went golfing down in Callalah (did I spell that right?) where Luke lives. The flies were pretty merciless, but it was a pretty course. Being the tourist that I am, I was quite delighted to find kangaroos on the course. I was wondering what would happen if we hit one with a ball, but thankfully that never happened, even when I had to hit one right over a roo's head (I have a tendency to ground them, but it flew straight that time). The roos are safe for now.





















Some pictures from along the Wollongong coastline...




















Here are a couple pictures of me on the Wollongong campus, including the Duck Pond, so named because it is inhabited by ducks! It is a popular place to study under the sun or sit and have lunch. The ducks usually wander around and help students with their homework in exchange for food. On the left, you can see a picture of me with one of the ducks. This might have been the one that bit me 2 years ago. Have you ever been bitten by a duck?




















This is International House where I stayed during my study abroad session 2 years ago. Chris' apartment where I stayed is right near there (in fact, I-House holds several of the aprtments including the one Chris stays in) so I spent some time there this time too. There's a picture of me in front of my old door. I wish I could have gone in, but I didn't know if anyone was staying there now.





























Here is Wollongong from the air. As I was flying out of Sydney toward Melbourne we went along the coast. I was lucky enough to be sitting on the right side of the plane with a realtive unobstructed view of the ground (for once) and it was clear enough. I just looked down and recognized the landscape, so I snapped a few pictures. The picture on the right is of the university.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home