Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The Music Shall Play Again

A few month ago you may remember me writing about the CDs I had stolen from my car. Well, through a bit of work and some amazing connections (erm...Internet connection), I have managed to replace most of them. There are still a couple I need to get and a couple more that I doubt I will ever be able to replace (from small-time bands that used to be in Morris), but for the most part my collection is mostly complete again.

I had amassed quite a few over the past couple months and just tonight decided it was time to remove the shrink wrap and those annoying littlr stickers they stick across the top so you can't open the case. It was kind of fun and satisfying in a way. Now I can listen to the discs, though I no longer feel safe taking them down to my car anymore which is where I listen to most of my music. A bit of a dilemma. I did purchase a bunch of writable CDs though and if I get another constructive urge again maybe I will try burning them. So long as I have the master copy safe at home I don't care if I lose a copy...

Here are pictures of the results (in the picture of the shelf, the 3 compartments on the left are the "new" CDs).

2 Comments:

At 1:34 PM, Blogger Christian said...

How many discs are you up to, Seth? I'm definitely over 800, maybe nearing 900 or more. I like the shelf. It looks good. If I were living somewhere more permanent, I'd probably invest in wall shelving units from IKEA or some such place.

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Seth R. said...

That is an IKEA shelf actually. Very slick, I like it a lot. I've never counted my CDs. There's probably about 100 on that shelf (estimation), but I have some more in a box in a closet. One of these days I'll figure it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home