Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Computerless

I had to take my computer into Geek Squad yesterday. It started making these really strange noises, like a whirring and a bunch of strange clunks. After a little bit it started running really slow, especially when loading. It would take forever to boot up or shut down and it kept freezing up when I was trying to run Firefox. I thought maybe the harddrive was dying so I went out and bought an external harddrive to back-up all my digital pictures (my computer is the only place some of them exist) and other important files. Then I brought it in last night.

Well, I talked to them today and apparently it passed their harddrive fitness test, but they still had some more tests to run. They haven't called me back yet and they are closing soon, so I'm guessing they won't be done with it until tomorrow. So now I have no idea what the problem is, but it probably won't be cheap. I'm using my work laptop for Internet access at home in the meantime, but I can't play any of my games or anything on it.

This sucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home