Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Skinny Longfeet

I went to the Acadia Cafe last Friday. It's a neat little coffee/sandwich/beer place near Uptown. I had never been there before, but it is this awesome, chill little place. Though I did not have any of the food, what I saw looked excellent and well worth checking out. The beer selection, of which I did partake, though, is quite impressive. They also have a mini concert hall in the back complete with stage and stadium-like seating, which judging by their performance calendar, is utilized quite often. It's an enjoyable little spot and I highly recommend checking it out.

The whole reason for going, though, was to see a band made up of a bunch of guys I went to college with and even had the pleasure of playing with at one time. They are Skinny Longfeet. The evening was headed up by Brian Just and his band, followed by Kirsten Melrose, both delivering nice low-key folksy performances. Then Mary Bue performed solo with just a keyboard and her voice. Awesome. The night was capped off by Skinny Longfeet giving their debut performance in the Cities (go to their above linked MySpace page to hear some of their tracks). It was great to see those guys again and hear them play.

It was a lot of fun, and it was great night to just sit back, relax, and take it all in. The Acadia was a good venue for it too. I'll have to do it again sometime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home