Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Civilization: Denied

Today was the long awaited release day for the new Civilization IV game. I've been a long-time fan of the series, so this was quite exciting. I had planned to rush right out after work today to get it and then spend the rest of the night playing it.

Well, after getting through with my various other obligations, I finally got around to installing it around 9:00. It would appear that my graphics card is too primitive for this game though. It keeps locking up whenever I get past the initial menus and into the game. After attempting to upgrade my video drivers - which involved me uninstalling my current drivers only to find the ones I downloaded didn't work, and then scrambling to download drivers that did work, which turned out to be the ones I had it the first place - I'm giving up for the night.

Very disappointing.

(On a side note, I would like to note that apparently someone screwed up the "Install" and "Play" disks, as I use the "Install" disk to start the game and the "Play" disk only gives me a prompt telling me to insert the right disk. Very strange.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home