Saturday, October 15, 2005

A Special Night

I don't usually make a big deal about my birthday. I guess I don't really see the point. I mean, everyone has birthdays and they have a tendency to happen every year, so what makes any particular birthday special?

This year, though, I turn 25. A quarter century. This in of itself is really only significant because we use a base-10 number system, which is completely arbitrary, and hold quarters of things to be somehow meaningful. Nonetheless, since I do use the base-10 number system and tend to hold quarters to be somehow special, I guess this is something of a milestone. A quarter-century...

So last night I thought it would be fun to go out to the Gasthof zur Gemütlichkeit, a German restaurant here in Minneapolis and one of my favorite places ever. They actually have imported German beer on tap and the food is spectacular. Plus the atmosphere is just fun. I invited some of my friends from work to come out as well.

What I got was 16 people who came out to wish me a happy birthday, and a number of others who wanted to be there. It really was more than I ever expected (they even paid for my meal and someone gave me a carved pumpkin). I couldn't believe it. It really was a special night.

Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home