Monday, March 12, 2007

The Magnicent Return of Sol

Today was a good day. One could actually go outside today and feel the sun coming down. Now, if you don't live in Minnesota or the cold reaches of the world, you may not be able to appreciate just how wonderful this feels. To go outside and actually be able to feel warmth. It is not something to take for granted. Especially when we were buried under 2 feet of snow just a week ago.

I realize that this past winter was actually milder than most we have had in the past, but for some reason it just hit me harder. We only had about a 2 week stretch where it was really and truly cold, below 0 degrees (on the Fahrenheit scale), but those 2 weeks seemed to last forever. It was miserable. An ever-present, permeating cold that you just could not get rid of.

Today the temperature reached into the 50s. Some might consider it sad that that temperature is considered warm, but I almost felt like I could go without a jacket today. I took a walk around the Arbor Lakes Mall in Maple Grove, an outdoor mall, and it was just terrific. I believe Spring is almost here and I welcome it with arms wide open.

4 Comments:

At 12:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really can't complain about the 80 degree weather we are having here in Cali!! :-)
~Heidi`

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Christian said...

With arms wide open? Like Scott Stapp?

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger rox said...

that cold weather is way better when you're bikin' in it!

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger david said...

It is finally back up into the 50s, it only took another month! I love spring! Summer hours in less than a month!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home