Sunday, May 14, 2006

Offer

Some of you out in readerland already know that I have been looking into buying a house and getting out of the apartment-style life. I had met with my agent yesterday to look at a bunch of houses. I saw some nice houses and there were a couple that stood out, especially this one in Crystal which was just awesome (extremely close to work too), though it had just come onto the market. I wasn't ready to make any commitments yet.

So I get a call from my agent today telling me that someone made an offer on this house. Well, crap, I didn't want to be forced into any decisions (I am an extremely indecisive person by nature), but I knew this could happen. I would either have to act now or lose the house forever. I thought it over (and called my mom) and decided this was the house I wanted.

So I met with my realtor (I was with my parents and we were going to go to dinner in Rogers for Mother's Day, but made a detour into Maple Grove and ate there instead so I could get the meeting set up. I love my mom.), made one look around the house (this was the first time my parents saw the house and they loved it.), and then sat down to fill out the paperwork to put in my offer.

Long story short, I got a call from my realtor just a bit later telling me that, though nothing had been signed yet and there still some formality to go through, the seller has verbally accepted my offer. As of July 21st, assuming nothing unforseen comes up, I will be a homeowner.

I gotta take a moment to let that sink in....wow...

7 Comments:

At 11:20 PM, Blogger rox said...

Were you thinking, "hmm... I think I'm gonna buy myself a house. This one looks good, I'll take it!"? That's how I make all my important decisions- gotta go with the gut before the brain has a chance to trip you up... Otherwise nothing ever changes. Congrats!

 
At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*smirks...Ok...time for everyone else to travel to you to play GURPS if that is the case...

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Seth R. said...

Well, it's about time. You guys need to come to the cities more often anyways.

 
At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will, especially now that I am home for the summer and Minneapolis isn't a three hour drive. We'll get some beer from an obscure country (like, say, Sri Lanka) and enjoy ourselves. Maybe find a good restaurant and spend a hefty amount on a meal to remember. Good food, good alcohol, good friends...

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Seth R. said...

No, I opted not to post a link to the house since 1) I only have the MLS link which will be going down as soon as the deal is sealed and official, and 2) I don't really want to post my address on the Internet. I can show you pictures on request though, as soon as I get a chance to bring my digital camera to the house I will be posting pictures.

 
At 3:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Seth!

I am sure the house will like you as much as you like it. It won't decide to suck itself into another dimension like on The Simpsons.

That would suck! Try explaining that to your insurance company!

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger david said...

This is awesome! I saw the MLS listing, it looks like a fantastic place! New car, new house, you are living the dream!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home