Friday, June 09, 2006

French Maple Leaves

This weekend, my work has sent me to Montreal to observation the installation process of a piece of software at a plant we have up here (hoping I can learn something). I've only ever been to Canada once in my life, and that was many years ago. It was also in a part of the country where the predominant language was not French, so this is completely different.

I have travelled in Europe on several occassions, so the idea of going around in a country where I do not speak the language is not new, but it is still interesting. So far, most of the people I have had to deal with (aside from my co-workers from America) are at least bi-lingual, so I haven't run into any communication problems yet. I guess a lot of people at the plant tomorrow are not, however, so this should be fun.

Hopefully, I'll get to see a bit of Montreal for real while I am over here. I sat next to a chiropractor names Judith on my plane ride over here. She grew up in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, but has lived in Montreal now for 38 years now. She had a lot of nice things to say about it. I've heard it's a nice city. I hope my schedule will allow me to check it out some.

We just had dinner at an Italian restaurant across the street from the hotel called Le Four. I had the veal medallions with goat cheese and pasta prima verra. And then the parfait creme de menthe for dessert. Very minty. Excellent food.

I think I like travelling on business.

1 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Blogger rox said...

sorry I fell off the face of the planet again. let me just tell you that I drank too much tequila at the park and never ended up at the lake...
I rule. I still haven't called Barb but I'd still like to so I'll keep you posted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home