Saturday, June 17, 2006

Poutine

I got back from Montreal on Tuesday night. Between the 12-hour day at the plant on Saturday, the 18-hour day on Sunday, and the rest of the my time there, I didn't get a chance to do much sightseeing. I did get a chance to check out the mall next to our hotel, where I bought a couple French CDs (I have no idea what they are, but they looked intersting and I think the bands are at least from Quebec.), but that was about it.

I did get to sample poutine though, which is a Canadian delicacy consisting of French fries covered in gravy and cheese. Also had "smoked meat" which I was told was a sort of a local thing. It was pretty much like corned beef. So I at least got to have some local color, and the constant language barrier at least kept things intersting.

So I suppose I will have to go back someday and actually see the city for real, but it was a pretty good trip. I at least got some experience that will come in handy for my upcoming job transfer. And that was really the point of the trip anyway.

1 Comments:

At 6:35 PM, Blogger wafoli said...

You haven't lived until you've tried poutine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home